- Client: Knauf Plasterboard Pty Ltd
- Status: Completed
- Value: $2 Million
- Duration: Jan 2017 - Oct 2017
- Capabilites: E&I Construction
- Market: Industrial, Utilities and Energy
Knauf is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of plasterboard, compounds, cornice, acoustic design solutions, steel and associated products and systems to the lightweight construction industry.
SCEE was engaged for the electrical installation works associated with the state of the art manufacturing facility located at Bundaberg Port, Queensland. The scope or works included the electrical assembly of the plasterboard production line and associated power/control wiring.
The new gypsum plasterboard factory (20Mio m²/a) will provide employment opportunities for local residents and supports local and regional economic growth. Uses an underutilised port facility, in a partnership with the State Government of Queensland has helped to develop critical infrastructure for Knauf and regional Queensland.
The scope of work included –
- Cable route installation, under the supervision of Knauf’s Electrical Supervisor
- Conduit laying
- Cable laying
- Cable connection work
- Setting up control cabinets
- Sub-distribution boards, fitting the desks and terminal boxes
- Arrangement of the equipment (senor mounting)
- Provision of tools and supporting structures
- Installation of cable ladder and supports
- Installation of lighting
- Completion of cable installations and terminations